Did you know that lack of forgiveness can affect your personal and financial success?
I learned this lesson over 30 years ago. Despite having a great job, I, found myself in an uncertain and scary place after my divorce. Everything in my life was planned except the divorce. With a young child to care for I needed to understand how to plan for my family’s future so I knew I needed to take control of my money and life. But I felt stuck. I had to deal with a lot of emotions including hurt, anger and resentment. I realized I needed to learn to forgive not only my husband but also myself in order to move forward. Fortunately, I had a wonderful spiritual teacher at the time who helped me to learn the importance of forgiveness.
Here is what I learned:
- Not doing the inner work to let go of unhealed wounds, anger, resentment, blame and hurt can block the flow of prosperity and abundance.
- Through forgiveness you open yourself up to attracting opportunities and manifesting your goals.
- It is not necessary to forgive the act, just the person.
- Forgiveness clears the negative energy which creates space to help you manifest to your highest good.
- Forgiveness gives you the clarity and energy to take the actions steps needed to move forward.
If you are feeling “stuck” personally or financially and trying to move past any hurt, anger or resentment, here are a couple of questions to ask yourself:
- Who am I holding resentment or anger towards?
- Why am I not letting go?
- Who does my lack forgiveness hurting the most?
- Am I ready to let go of this?
If you are ready to let go of the energy and move forward, here is a wonderful and easy practice to start with called Hoʻoponopono:
Hoʻoponopono is an ancient Hawaiian practice of reconciliation and forgiveness consisting of only four lines:
1) I’m sorry.
2) Please forgive me.
3) Thank you.
4) I love you.
You don’t need to say the phrases out loud just to yourself.
Not only is it important to forgive others but it is equally important to forgive ourselves for whatever mistakes we made financially in the past. Forgiveness gives you the gift of a peaceful heart which in turns allows us to have the clarity to move forward.
If you would like to learn more about your relationship with money, take my “Money Type Quiz.” Only you see the results.